The year 2018 has been a mind-opening year; full of events that have revealed the gains of entrepreneurship as a result of having one or more skills. Gone are the days when learning one skill or the other was assumed to be for those who were not intelligent enough or buoyant enough to further their education
Learning a skill is one of the best gifts you can give yourself. Come what may, you will never be stranded. Even white-collar employers want to know what you can do asides your academic experience and exposure, as your skills are a reflection of your passion and versatility which of course is an asset.
There are as many skills as there are many birds in the sky but then there are practical skills in demand which also require little capital to start, such as the following skills;
- CONFECTIONARIES: Confectionary, one of the most sought after skills, is the art and craft of making confections such as cakes, chocolate, sugar craft, candies, pastries, desserts and other baked goods. It is a craft that sells because everyone has a sweet tooth in one form or the other and confectionaries appeals to this, as evident in the daily demand for cakes, snakes, chocolates, sugar crafts, candies etc. In fact, regular occasions such as birthdays, weddings, bridal showers, baby showers, promotions, retirement parties and the likes are not complete without one baked item or the other.
The beauty of this craft is that the basic materials needed can be gotten easily, improvised and you can start it as a business from home.
- COSMETICS: Everyone loves to look good because it’s good for business. Imagine how much you can make by providing the products and services that will help people across all age and gender divide to look good. From beauty products to hair products, makeup and skincare products the cosmetics industry is a lucrative one because it enhances the general perception of beauty and helps people look and feel better about their selves.
This is a skill that will allow you to express your creativity to meet up with different beauty needs. You can learn cosmetics even if you are a student or you work a regular job as you can always take advantage of weekends and special occasions to sell your craft and make some extra money.
- PAINTMAKING: Painting is a core part of the construction industry and is used for decorative and protective purposes. In an economy where aesthetics matters and the visual appeal of physical structures such as homes, public buildings, offices, factories, etc cannot be overemphasized, paint making is a handy skill. You can learn how to make the different varieties of paints such as emulsion, oil paints, textcoats, satin and pop paints.
Paint making is lucrative. You can produce your paints at home and have it delivered to any geographical location.
- EVENT PLANNING: If you’re a creative person with a flair for helping people make a success of their events or occasions, you should consider learning event planning as a skill and making a career out of it, or a side job if you so wish.
People can go any length, including paying heavily, to ensure that their events are well organized, stress free and successful. Most events happen during the weekends and/or holidays so you can do your nine to five effectively with this skill. In fact, your nine to five will provide you a networking platform to leverage on and if you’re currently unemployed, you can leverage on the free time you have during the week to socialize and let people know what you do.
Stop doing for free what you can get well paid for. Learn event planning today and get rewarded for your stress.
- WALL PANELLING: An eye for details, a hand for crafts and a taste for exquisite finishes is basically all you need to learn wall panelling
Wall panelling is a great way to step up the interior décor of a building and bring out its beauty and functionality. It is a skill in high demand in the construction of new buildings and the renovation of old ones.
Learning wall panelling will teach you the fine art of interior design, styles, installation and decoration to get a perfect architectural finish.
This is a handy and low-cost skill that pays well. Your interest is all that’s needed
Whether you’re employed, underemployed or unemployed, it is better to have a skill and not use it than to need a skill and not have it. You don’t have to wait until 2019 to decide. DSI offers you a platform to learn a skill for FREE, visit www.dsigate.com today to get started on the path to financial empowerment and a more fulfilling life